anti-civil at English (WD) Of Explained:
AdjectiveInter: en-ad » j
- 1971, Gottfried Dietze, In Defense of Property
- : ... then the latter, by definition, can't be civil. They might even be anti-civil or a-civil. They must be incompatible with civilization. But this is simply not the case. As was shown, ...
- 2000, Leonhard Praeg, African Philosophy and the Quest for Autonomy: a philosophical investigation
- : In Category: w - :Leviathan|the Leviathan, Category: w - :Hobbes|Hobbes could only represent the pre-civil as the anti-civil, as that which lacked in every respect what was considered important in civil society.
- 2006, Jeffrey C. Alexander, The Civil Sphere
- : Jews were not stigmatized simply because they were held to be anti-Christian, but because their Jewish qualities were constructed as dangerous for civil society itself. ... What was insisted on, above all, was the allegedly anti-civil clannishness of Jews...
Quotations* Inter: seeCite » s